Saturday, April 28, 2012

Back

It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything here, largely due to my aunt's passing and the aftermath.  Overall my family is doing well.  There have been two services to honor her memory, one in Ohio and another in California, and I've been fortunate to have been able to attend both.  They were a mixture of emotions, most of which I have yet to figure out. 

I wasn't sure how to come back to this blog.  Despite everything, I'm doing quite well.  There is this strange sense that my being happy is somehow wrong.  I should be mourning.  I should be sad.  And I am.  But I'm also able to laugh and enjoy life just as much as before.  This being the first death of someone close to me that I have experienced, I'm not sure how to deal with the feelings of guilt that are brought upon by those moments when I'm not dwelling on her death, but enjoying the present.

I can't really put it into words.  Maybe I'll figure that out at some point and post those words here.

However, I wanted to keep this blog going.  So much of what this blog is was shaped around me being here and spending time with my Aunt.  Now that she is gone, I feel that it will take on a new form while keeping the same purpose.  I guess what I mean to say is that I'm going to keep writing but it won't all be about how I'm dealing with my aunt's passing.  Some of it will, but most of it will just continue to reveal more about my time here in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment